If you can't seem to find yourself motivated this year because of several reasons, take a deep breath and try to motivate yourself with these simple yet effective tips:
1. Close your eyes, and visualize yourself reaching your goals.
2. Try something new today.
3. Take a walk in a park, and let nature reset your mind.
4. Make a to-do list. You'll feel encouraged as you cross off items.
5. Get more sleep. Sleep deprivation could be making you less motivated.
6. Start exercising, and you'll feel like yourself.
7. Take a small step. You don't have to immediately immerse yourself in the project and see it until completion right away. Just make baby steps, and take it one day at a time.
8. Wake yourself up from your slump with a cold shower.
9. Have a reward system, so you'll have something to look forward to.
10. When doing a task you don't want to do, play energizing music to help you get through it.
11. Get the hard stuff done first thing in the morning. Once you're done with the most challenging projects, you'll be able to tackle the others with ease.
12. Prepare early so you're not in a rush. When you're late all the time or feel rushed, this may stress you out and kill your motivation.
13. Push yourself. Realize that getting things done means giving yourself a little push sometimes.
14. Set a deadline for a task to spur you to get it done before the time is up.
15. Focus. Doing too many things at once can overwhelm you, so drop the multitasking and focus on one thing at a time.
16. Clean up your home or your workspace, and you'll feel like you can get more done in a decluttered environment.
17. Let go of your fears, and you may feel brave enough to take on challenging tasks.
18. Eat right. Treating your body well will put you in a better place mentally.
19. Do something you enjoy when you first get up. Whether it be drinking hot chocolate while reading a book you're currently glued to or taking a hot shower, start your day off on a positive note.
20. Share your goals with others. Being public about your goals will give you a sense of accountability, which may make you more inclined to get going.
21. Fake it till you make it. Act like you're motivated, and it'll become a reality in time.
22. Focus on the positive instead of the negative, and you'll feel more inclined to start new projects and take risks.
23. Bring light into your room. Open up your curtains. Let fresh air into your room by opening up windows if it's not too cold and if it's not polluted outside.
24. Encourage others, and you'll automatically start seeing encouragement from them. It's a cycle of positivity!
25. Don't compare yourself with others or you'll get discouraged. Compete against yourself.
26. Have realistic expectations. Know yourself and how far you can go.
27. Stay excited. Keep coming up with new tweaks so you won't get bored.
28. If you fail, pick yourself up and keep going. Don't let it derail you or cause you to lose confidence, which ends up affecting your motivation.
29. Read biographies of the people you look up to for inspiration.
30. Volunteer. It'll make you realize that you're fortunate, so you should take the opportunity to make the most out of your life.
31. Dress to impress yourself. You'll feel like you can get more things done when you're putting your best foot forward.
32. Write down a few things you're grateful for. If you have a more positive mind-set, you'll find yourself more motivated.
33. Reflect on the times when you worked hard and succeeded at your task.
34. Remind yourself that it's better to try and fail or succeed than living with regrets.
35. Give yourself a pep talk, and tell yourself that you are awesome.
36. Drop the projects that you might not be totally committed to and focus on the ones you're really passionate about.
37. Tell yourself that nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
38. Know that only you have the power to create your dreams.
39. Set your alarm clock to remind you when it's time to start on your task.