1. When he was a boy, he used to go there and watch _____.
A. to repair bicycles
B. bicycles to be repaired
C. bicycles being repaired
D. repairing bicycles
2. --- Have you considered _____ your job as a teacher?
--- Yes. I like the job because a teacher is often considered _____ a gardener.
A. to change; to be B. to change; being
C. changing; being D. changing; to be
3. The dog, _____, will be made a good watchdog.
A. to train properly
B. being trained properly
C. properly to train
D. trained properly
4. _____ the diamond, he had to look for a place to hide it.
A. Having stolen B. Having been stolen
C. Stolen D. Stealing
5. _____ the front door _____, he had to enter the room through the back door.
A. Seen; painted
B. Seeing; painted
C. Being seen; being painted
D. Seeing; being painted
6. And there, almost _____ in the big chair, sat her little brother, who never had to be told to keep quiet.
A. having lost B. losing C. to be lost D. lost
7. He looked around and caught a man _____ his hand into the pocket of a passenger.
A. put B. to be putting C. to put D. putting
8. To answer correctly is more important than _____.
A. that you finish quickly
B. finishing quickly
C. to finish quickly
D. finish quickly
9. The old farmer, _____ the badly injured and burnt soldier, came out of the burning farmhouse, calling continuously for help.
A. supporting B. having supported
C. being supported by D. being supported
10. In January , 2004, the United States successfully launched “Spirit”, a Mars Exploration Rover, _____ a new milestone in the history of mankind.
A. it marked B. marking C. marked D. to mark
11. It was getting dark; I found a car _____ in a pool by the side of the road.
A. to be stuck B. stuck C. sticking D. stick
12. You can’t imagine what great trouble they have _____ the problem _____.
A. to solve; being talked about
B. solving; discussing
C. to solve; to talk about
D. solving; being discussed
13. The monument was built in honor of the explorer who was believed _____ the river.
A. to have discovered
B. to have been discovered
C. to discover
D. having been discovered
14. The thief fell to the ground, his left foot _____ and blood _____ down from his mouth.
A. breaking; running B. broken; running
C. breaking; run D. broken; run
15. The program was so exciting that the children kept their eyes _____ on the screen.
A. to fix B. to be fixed C. fixed D. fixing
16. As I will be away for at least a year, I’d appreciate _____ from you now and then so that I can know how everyone is getting along.
A. having heard B. to hear
C. hearing D. being heard
17. _____, the subject was always in my mind.
A. Walking or sleeping
B. Walking or slept
C. Having walked or slept
D. To walk and sleep
18. --- Did you get a dictionary?
--- No, I _____, but there were not any _____.
A. tried; to be left B. had tried to; leaving
C. tried to; left D. had tried; have left
19. When he came to, he found himself _____ on a chair, with his hands _____ back.
A. to sit; tying B. sitting; tying
C. seating; tied D. seated; tied
20. The joke told by Tom made us _____, so the teacher couldn’t make himself _____.
A. to laugh; hearing
B. laughing; heard
C. laughing; hear
D. laughed; heard
21. All of the flowers now _____ here have developed from those once _____ in the forest.
A. raised; grown B. rising; growing
C. raised; growing D. rising; grown
22. Henry can’t attend the party _____ at Tom’s house at present because he is preparing the speech at the party _____ at Marie’s house tomorrow.
A. held; being held B. to be held; to be held
C. to be held; held D. being held; to be held
23. Seeing the soldiers well _____ for the flood-fight, the general nodded with satisfaction.
A. prepare B. preparing C. prepared D. having prepared
24. Don’t worry. I’ll have it _____ and get someone _____ it to you tomorrow.
A. typed; send B. to type; to send
C. type; send D. typed; to send
25. The sun was shining brightly, _____ everything there _____ more beautiful.
A. making; look
B. to make; looked
C. and made; looking
D. and making; be looked
26. How could he get the plan _____ without any one to support him?
A. to carry out B. carry out
C. carrying out D. carried out
27. New ideas sometimes have to wait for years before _____.
A. being fully accepting
B. fully accepting
C. having fully accepted
D. fully accepted
28. Having passed all the tests, she felt a great weight _____ off her mind.
A. taking B. taken C. take D. to be taken
29. I’m examining the article he has just finished _____ the possible mistakes in it.
A. being corrected B. to correct
C. corrected D. having corrected
30. _____ full preparations, we decided to put off the meeting till next week.
A. We did not make B. Having not made
C. We had not made D. Not having made
31. We should prevent such a silly mistake _____ again.
A. occurring B. to occur
C. to be occurred D. from being occurred
32. I regret _____ hard at school, or I would have succeeded in passing the exam.
A. not to work
B. having not worked
C. to have not worked
D. not having worked
33. They looked forward with hope _____ a chance to receive further education.
A. for getting B. of getting
C. to get D. to getting
34. “Well, I’ll tell you a secret ...” said the boy, with his mouth almost _____ my ear.
A. touched B. touching C. touch D. to touch
35. Towards evening, the patient opened his mouth as if _____ something to his son.
A. said B. say C. to say D. to have said
36. --- Would you be _____ lend me your bicycle?
A. so kind as to B. kind enough as to
C. very kind to D. so kind to
37. The beach is so beautiful that it is worthwhile, I think, _____ for a short holiday.
A. of going B. to be going
C. your going D. you to go
38. The teacher asked more _____ to prevent the students’ eyes from being injured.
A. to do B. done C. to be done D. being done
39. Some of the schools in Shanghai have moved one step closer to _____ with the global education community.
A. being connected B. connect
C. having connected D. be connected
40. The performance of the host, _____ to please the audience and draw their attention, was greeted with a cold silence, however.
A. had intended B. intended
C. being intended D. to intend
41. _____ and out of breath, we reached the top of the mountain and stopped _____ the beautiful scenery.
A. Tiring; to admire B. Being tired; admiring
C. Tired; to admire D. Tired; admiring
42. The 18-storeyed building, when _____, will shut out the sun _____ up the rooms in my house.
A. completed; lighted
B. completing; lighting
C. completing; lighted
D. completed; lighting
43. --- I hear Warren _____ in a middle school.
--- What? I can’t imagine him _____ as a teacher.
A. teaches; working B. teaches; work
C. teach; to work D. teach; working
44. _____ he’s only been learning English for a year, he speaks it very well.
A. Considered B. Considering
C. Having considered D. To consider
45. It was _____ computer games that cost the boy a lot of time that he ought to have spent on his lessons.
A. to have played B. playing
C. played D. having played
46. At no time does the salesgirl get up late in the morning, for she is always too busy _____ a good rest.
A. to take B. taking C. took D. taken
47. _____ as the most excellent student in her university, as most classmates had expected, made her parents very happy.
A. Mary was chosen
B. Mary chosen
C. Mary being chosen
D. Mary’s being chosen
48. _____ the big snake, the little girl stood under the tree _____ to death.
A. Seeing; frightened B. Seeing; frightening
C. Seen; frighten D. To see; frightening
49. You will see this product made in this factory _____ wherever you go.
A. to be advertised B. advertised
C. advertise D. advertising
50. Mr. Green is said _____ an experiment to prove the new method of solving the problem when young.
A. to do B. to have done
C. to be doing D. to have been doing
1-5 CDDAD 6-10 DDCAB 11-15 BDABC 16-20 CACDB 21-25 CDCDA
26-30 DDBBD 31-35 ADDBC 36-40 ACCAB 41-45 CDABB 46-50 ADABB
2. consider 作“考虑”解时，后常接-ing形式（短语）作宾语；作“认为” 解时，后常接含有名词、形容词或to be的复合结构。
3. 过去分词短语作条件状语，相当于if it is trained properly。watchdog看门狗。
5. see 表示的动作与句子谓语动词（had to enter）所表示的动作几乎同时发生，且与其逻辑主语（he）为主动关系，故用一般式。由句意“看到前门正在被漆，……”可知，第二空应用being painted。
6. lost in the big chair为过去分词短语在句中作伴随状语。此句的正常语序为：Her little brother sat there...
7. catch sb. doing sth. （偶然或突然）发现或撞见某人正在做某事。
11. 由短语be stuck in（陷入）可知此处应用过去分词作宾语补足语。
12. 由have great trouble （in）doing sth.可知第一空应用solving; being discussed作定语修饰problem，表示“正在被讨论的问题”。
15. 由固定结构fix one’s eyes on/upon...可知此处应用过去分词。
17. 题意为“无论是走路还是睡觉，我总是在想这个问题。”注意：此题中-ing形式短语的逻辑主语与句子的主语并不一致，有的语法家称其为“垂悬分词”。又如：Having suffered such heavy pollution already, it may now be too late to clean up the river. （NMET2001）
18. tried to后省去了get one。
19. 由seat的用法(be seated)可知第一空应用seated作宾语补足语；with his hands tied back为with的复合结构在句中作伴随状语。
22. 由at present可知第一空应用being held（表示正在被进行的动作）；由tomorrow可知第二空应用to be held（表示即将被进行的动作）。
23. 由固定短语be (well) prepared for可知此处应用过去分词作宾补。
24. 此处为have sth. done结构和get sb. to do sth. 结构。
26. 考查get sth. done 结构。carry out执行。
27. before full accepted相当于before they are fully accepted。
29. 不定式短语在句中作目的状语。he has just finished 为定语从句。
31. prevent sb./sth. (from) doing sth.为固定搭配。occur为不及物动词。
32. regret doing sth.后悔做过某事；regret to do sth.遗憾（抱歉）地要做……。
33. look forward to doing sth.盼望做某事，注意with hope（满怀希望地）插入了短语look forward to中。
34. 考查with 的复合结构。his mouth与touch之间是主动关系。
35. “as if+不定式短语”在句中作方式状语。
37. 考查句型It is worthwhile to do sth./doing sth.。I think为插入语。
38. 由ask sb. to do sth.可知此处应用不定式。宾语与宾语补足语之间为被动关系，故用to be done。
39. close to中的to为介词。be connected with可理解为“与……接轨”。
40. intended to please the audience...相当于which had been intended to please the audience...。
41. tired and out of breath为“形容词和介词短语”在句中作状语。stop to do sth. 停下来去做另外一件事。
42. when completed=when it is completed；lighting up...在此相当于which lights up...。
44. 此处considering为连词，意为“考虑到”；它还可用作介词，如：Considering the weather, he arrives very early考虑到天气，他算早的啦。
45. 此句是强调句型，强调句子的主语playing computer games。
46. 考查too...to...结构。注意：at no time（在什何时候都不）放在句首时,句子要用倒装
47. -ing形式的复合结构作主语时，其逻辑主语常用名词所有格或形容词性的物主代词。as most classmates had expected为非限制性定语从句。
48. seeing the big snake在句中作时间状语；frightened to death在句中作伴随状语。
49. advertise意为“为……登广告”。made in this factory作定语修饰product; advertised作宾语补足语。
50. 由when young可知此处应该用不定式的完成式。